What's your purpose of life?

5:29 PM

This July was started with a news from a friend of mine. His grandfather has just passed away and I have a chance to come to his cemetary. For me, whenever I come to the funeral, it always takes me to the reflection. Life is so unpredictable. As a human, I never know when my life come to the end. Peoples were born and die. From a dust, back to ash, came and back with nothing in hands. The circle turn around and around. Then what is the purpose of life? If life was so meaningless like that, why do we have to live? 

These questions filled my mind. 

I remember the Bible said that life is not a simply life. There is a PURPOSE God put in our life. There is an agenda that we should meet. I believe the agenda is not merely an agenda. It does not lies on what we can achieve or collect. It also does not depend on how much money we have. Beyond all of that, there is an agenda, a good work He's set for everyone.

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."(Ephesians 2:10, NIV)

From the begining, God is preparing our life to do something. He put talent(s), wealth, health, relationship, and everything in our life for a divine purpose. A purpose to reveal His Mighty, to show His love and mercy, and to make known His faithfulness.

As knife created to cut, it reaches its maximum capacity when it's used as it's designed for. As well as our life, life will be meaningful when we live the life designed for us, to finish the agenda that God has put in our life,to fulfill His purpose, and to live His calling.

Prayer:
Dear God, I believe that You have set me to do something for Your purpose. Give a wisdom to know what is Your plan in my life, and give me a gentle heart to obey what You wants me to be.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images