Two Things You Have to Know When You Pray to God

9:50 AM



Seven or six years ago, I was reading a Christian article; there I found a woman prayer. When I read that prayer, my heart was so touched that I could not help to re-write that prayer in my notebook. Then I prayed it to God.
Dear Lord,
I pray for the man that will be a part of my life
A man that really loves You more that everything
A man that will take me in the second place of his heart
A man that lives not for himself but for You
Face and physical attraction are not important. The most important is a heart that really loves and thirsty of You, and he has desire to be like Jesus. He must know for whom and for what he lives, so his life is not wasted.

Father, I ask for a man that has a wise heart, not only a smart brain.
A man that not only adore me, but also can warn me when I am wrong.
A man that loves me not from my smooth levels, but from my heart.
A man that can be my best friend in anytime and situation, and
A man that makes me feels like a woman when I am beside him.

I don’t ask for a perfect he, but for an important he. So I can make him perfect in Your eyes.
A man that needs my support for strength, my prayer for his life, my smile to cover his sadness, my love so he could feel love, and a man that needs me to make him alive.

I also ask, make me a woman that can make him proud.
Give me a heart that really loves You, so I could love him with Your love.
Give me Your gentle spirit, so my personality dies not come from my outside, but come from You.
Give me Your hand Lord, so I always be able to pray for him.
Give me Your eyes, so I can see good things in him and not the bad one.
Give me Your mouth that is filled with Your words of wisdom and encourage so I can support him every day.
.
And I want that finally we meet each other, both of can say “ How Great Thou Art”
Amen
(unknown)

 (www.missiochurch.com)
God hears your prayer – attentively-
As I have mentioned in the beginning, I prayed this prayer maybe about six or seven years ago. May I tell you what is God’s answer? He gave me exactly with what I was praying for. Yes, EXACTLY. What I was asking for, is given to me. Because this month is month of love (people celebrate valentine in this month), excuse me to use my own experience in my relationship. As I entered the relationship with my partner, I found he is not perfect, but God uses his imperfection to make me grow and depend solely on Him. He sharpens my character. Once I know him more, I knew that he is the man of God I am asking for. Exactly, like what I am asking for.
I am not telling you this to share how is my love story. What I am going to say is, pray! For God hears every prayer we pray for. I am sure He is willing to give everything we ask as long as it is for our goodness, and it draws us closer to Him and makes us grow more in Christ-like character. If we do not ask, how God can give it to you? It’s like that you are going to go somebody’s house. The door is closed. If you are not knocking, then how the host know that you are in front of his door? How could that door be opened to you?
Matthew 7
“7Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 9Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 10If you, then, though you are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him.”  (New International Version)
James 5
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. (NASB)

Your prayer requires faith
I might not get the answer for my prayer in a night, or weeks or months, but in couple years. And, I might not have the man I was praying for if I did not have any faith. A faith that believes that God will give me the best answer for my prayer at the right moment -of course when I am ready-. If I did not have faith, if I did not trust God, I could choose my own “right” man, according to what I see and according to my own understanding. I will end up by my own choice, but will it be the best for me? I don’t think so.
Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about we do not see. By faith Abraham, even knew Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to have a son, because he considered Him faithful who had made the promise.
“And will not God bring about Justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to Him day and night? Will he keep putting the off? I tell you, He will see that they get justice, and quickly. However when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:7-8, NIV)
See, God requires faith in us, to wait in hope for God to work on our prayer.

James 5
15 and the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well…. (NIV)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images