Greatest Gift

1:20 PM

My parent is not (yet) a believer.
I was 6 years old when my older sister took me and my little sister to sunday school in front of my house. It was the first time I knew Jesus. I started to attend the sunday school there. But not for a long time, I have to move to another city and l did not go to church anymore. Until I was in junior high, I got the Christian subject. I got a basic biblical lesson, where before it, I had no idea about Christianity before. At school, I did know how, all my best friend are Christian. Sometime they asked me to go to church with them. l went to church, but l went there without permission from my parent, especially my father. He does not like anything about God and religion. He scolded me, he disallow me to go to church. It continued until I was a high student. Sometimes I cried, beg him to allow me to go to church, sometimes I said that I want to meet my friend, but I did not mention that I meet a friend in a church. Many things I did so I could find a reason to go out so I could go to church. The only thing I could do is praying to God to open the way for me to worship Him freely, without guilt because of my reason I tried to make to my parent. One day, suddenly my father permitted me to go, he said that he just wanted me to make a relationship, having a friend there. WOW! Thanks God. As the time past by, my father gave me a freedom to choose what I believe, in one condition, for church only. He still does not permit me to involve in community cell, bible study or any church activity held besides on sunday. For him, go to church is once a week is enough. My mother is not so headstrong like my father, but she still does not believe in God, she believes as long as a mankind do not do harm to other people, they will have a peace and be saved. 

It was my family background, No one knows about Jesus, nobody could teach me how to pray, how to read bible, and how to fast. In my life, I feel like that every one I met was set for me to make me become His. First, I wonder how my elder sister became a Christian, I asked her someday and she answered me that it was a God's plan. She did not know how and why. She had no logical explanation about that. If God did not come to her life, she would never take me to the church, and my journey would never start. I also met a friends who always support my faith, I entered in the Christian college where my faith could grow. It's a grace for me that He catch me, He embrace me with His love. 
For me that's a greatest gift I ever received <3

Now, I prayed for a grace of God to save all of my family. I remembered when l asked someone older than me to pray for my family, he told me to pray for them. He gave me one verse in Act 16:31, And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (English Standard Version). I hold that as the promise of God, once He saved one person in the family, the whole member of the family will be saved as well. I pray and pray. I don't care how I long I must wait for my whole family will become a Christ follower, I believe He is faithful to His word. I witnessed that promise is fulfilled, one by one He bestowed His grace to my family. I have 1 older sister and 1 younger sister, and two older brothers. My sisters is now a believer. My second brother, he was a buddist but in amazing way God turned him become a Christ follower. I am now praying for my father, mother and my other brother. What amazed me (again and again), my mother who ever did not permit me to go to church, she accompanied me to my baptism process. In some occasions, she wants to go to church with me. When we eat together, if I pray, she wants to pray with me. 
me and my mother before my baptism process

my baptism process


I don't know when, I don't know how, I have a firm faith that one day, me and my family will serve the Lord.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haii Veyy.... I just visited your blog =)
    Wahh, I'm so blessed with this post ^^
    Thanks for sharing, your faith experience and keep sharing, because we never know, how God will use your each post to make people know God.
    Keep writing and keep sharing His love through your life...
    God bless you, Vey ^^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images