Be a Full Timer for God.

5:29 PM

God can speak through many ways, even in a simple way. One evening, I saw my college friend were online. Then I texted her just for say hello and get some hearing from her, for since we graduated I have never contacted her. At the beginning our conversation was a simply asking a news from each of us. Then it turned serious. Because she is now in the Bible College, I said that one day, if God will and He delight it, I want to be a full timer as well, serve God full time. I just said “IF”. She suddenly cut me off. She said that to be full timer to serve Him is not a status. To serve Him as a full timer is the way we live our life once we got the salvation from Christ.

God used one simple chat with an old friend to remind me of my status. I knew about it that we have to serve God in everything we do and every time we have. I have heard it for many times. But this time, I know God wanted me to recall my status:
“ but you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness in to His marvelous light.” ( 1 Peter 2:9 AMP)

Be a full timer, means that if I am a child from parent who are not yet a believer, I serve God with showing my parent a life in Christ, telling them about Grace of God and the salvation from Christ.      (Matthew 28: 19)

Be a full timer, if I am a friend for my friends now, I serve God by praying for them, strengthen their faith and be a good friend. (Philippians 2:3-5)

Be a full timer, If now I am doing a business, I serve every customer as if I served God. I conduct the business with integrity and responsibility. I treat every employee with justice. (Psalm 96:9)

And one day when I become a wife, I serve God by respecting my husband. (Ephesians 5:22)
One day when I become a mom, I serve God by raising my children to be a Children of God. (Ephesians 6:4)  

           Be a full timer does not mean that we have to be in the church congregation, to preach sermon every day and to involve in God ministry. Every day is a day when we can serve God full time. In everything we do, we can serve Him. Everyone we meet, is the one God wants us to tell and witness the gospel, by the transformation of our life and minds and deeds.   

“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus”

Thank you for reading and sharing, may it become a blessing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images